Wednesday, January 6, 2010

London?

It's been an interesting last 24 hours. As the title of this post suggests, we are not currently staying with Elwood in Lyon, France, nor will we be (I'll explain later). I'm going to try to explain the last day or so as best as I can in chronological order explaining the relative chaos that has been at the beginning of our trip.

Dooley and I each left for France yesterday with plans to reunite in the London airport. I watched the movie 'Paper Heart' with Michael Cera on the plane. It was decent, if you like him a lot, see it, but I'm not sure you'll make it all the way through. It's pretty slow. Also, I chose the beef meal option. I'd recommend the chicken.

That first part went fine enough, but that was the extent of the things that went according to plan. I arrived a little late into London but still should have had plenty of time to get to my next flight with Dools. Unfortunately I arrived in a blizzard and over half of the days flights were canceled, which included not only our initial flight but also our secondary flight. Needless to say the airport was filled with angry and irrational people. To some extent it was pretty humorous. Some people just don't seem to realize that yelling at the young baggage boy is not going to clear the runway. Dooley even took some pictures of the chaos, and I would have too, but I'm awesome and therefore left my brand new camera on my table at home. Yay. Oh well, fortunately Ali needed a new camera so her birthday comes a bit early because I'll be purchasing a new one for the reasons explained in my previous post.

Anyway, currently I'm sitting in the hotel they have put us up in for the night in London. We figured we'd make the best of it, free hotel in London with vouchers for free meals tonight and tomorrow morning, we could handle that. Unfortunately we're simply a little bit off the track from the London anyone would care to see. I saw only office buildings on the bus ride over (none of the Harry Potter type London I wanted to see), and Dooley nearly fell into the aisle of the bus as he fell asleep. Seriously. We had a pretty excellent buffet dinner at the hotel though so at least that helped us out.

Dooley is currently passed out, so I think it's time that I go join him. In separate beds. We've had a string of excellent luck and have no idea when our flight is rescheduled for currently as we can not get through on the phone or online due to complications I don't care to explain as others want to use the computer. We're planning on heading back to the airport at 4:45am. There are 3 flights tomorrow, so hopefully we'll make it to France soon.

Cheerios.

2 comments:

  1. omfg Tim I am so sorry. I hope you get a flight tomorrow. I will be praying for you! PS- Can my birthday come early instead? I broke my camera last summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be sure to give me the name and location of that hotel because I definitely want to hit up that buffet next time I'm in London.

    ReplyDelete