Tuesday, January 5, 2010

We're too excited to sleep

So last night I actually struggled to sleep a bit because of being anxious for this trip. I leave for the airport in a couple hours after I have dinner with my parents and sister Ali. I haven't yet decided whether my parents should be told about this blog, but they probably should be so that they don't think I'm simply planning a 2+ week European bender as I'm actually very interested in seeing the sights and doing plenty of the cliche tourist stuff. With that in mind, anyone with tips of things to see please post a comment with that advice, and thank you to people like Patrick and Jackie who have already provided lots of good tips.

I purchased a camera for this trip yesterday because obviously it's a trip where I should take a lot of pictures to remember it, and Dooley said that he wasn't planning on bringing one. For the sake of parents, friends, girlfriends, and most importantly ourselves we should take a lot of pictures. Fine I don't currently have a girlfriend, but seeing as how I am planning on being engaged by summer, I will soon enough. (I have to beat out Scott and Kmac.) Also, Megan Christenson was considering joining us for this trip, but upon hearing I was coming, she decided she had no interest in traveling with Dooley and myself. It would have been great to have her with us, but after having Shannon and Jared crash with Trent and I for the last week, I think traveling through such romantic places may have caused non alcohol induced vomiting which I can not afford.

Anyway, here is a link to the web album that I will do my best to maintain throughout the trip:
Photos
(Currently it's just a couple pictures of my apt that I took to test the camera/web uploading, but if it doesn't work, post that in the comments and I'll try to fix it.)

Well I think that's about it for now because I should start getting ready to go to dinner. Dooley and I will be meeting at about noon local time in London tomorrow where we'll kill some time before jumping on a flight to Lyon, France to see Elwood. Chances are slim to zero, but I plan on spending my short time in London searching for Leks Campesinos! who many of you may simply know as my gchat picture.

Dan has already created chaos as he no longer has any intention of meeting us at the airport and so we are hoping to find our way to him. He also has other guests now and may be in trouble for housing them because it is against the rules. We are planning on staying with him so this may not be great for us. Mrs. Kathy Elwood has given me his new debit card which will be used to provide our stay in the case that Elwood doesn't. I know I promised you I would hug your son Mrs. E, but that's not happening anymore after your son's comically predictable shenanigans.

To clarify for those of you following our journey at home with push pins and yarn on a map, I am in Chicago and Dooleys is in D.C. By my next post we will be in Lyon, France via London.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the location update as I am tracking it with pins and yarn. And also, thanks for the shout out Tim. You'll find romance someday, possibly if you travel to Sweden. I hear it's nice there.

    ReplyDelete